Thursday, February 19, 2009

Right in my backyard!





Tour of California(the bicyclist tour with Lance Armstrong) came right threw my side of 
town. The bicyclist came down Clovis Ave. We live right behind Clovis Ave and Sierra Ave. I knew about this tour for a little while but had no plans to go, even though it was a 3 minute walk from my house. So,  yesterday, my Mom and I decided "why not" let's take the kids and see what this is all about. The kids got home from school early and we had them do their homework and off we went around 2:30. We stood on the corner of Clovis and Sierra Ave. There were so many police officers and support vehicles and camera crew on motorcycles going by for about an hour. Then at 3:55 p.m. here comes lots of police officers and camera crew, then to be followed by the bikers, yah!!! They were going so fast. They said they were going at least 30 mph. WOW! They whipped by us so fast. After they passed us, we then turned around, as well as the crowd and run(except for me) to the street behind us(Sierra/Pollasky) where they would be coming around the corner to finish off the race. We barely made it and saw them again. They sure whip around those corners so fast, it is amazing that they don't eat it. The finish line ended in old town Clovis. We didn't get to see them cross the finish line, being that it was about a quarter of a mile down from where we were standing. I am so glad I went with my Mom and kids after all. It was an awesome experience. And to have it all happen all in my backyard. Here are some pictures. Click on pictures to enlarge them. You can see it better. I also attached a picture of me at 30 weeks. Kristal, do you notice I am wearing another shirt of yours?


1 comment:

Grandmotherfairy said...

Exciting Amy...I am impressed that you felt like walking over there. Looks like it was fun. Gill was stuck in the traffic jam on Herndon while they passed:)