Sunday, February 8, 2009

The twins nursery









Okay, I know it's been awhile since my last post but for good reasons. We have been busy getting things done around our house before the twins arrive. One of the biggest projects we have been working on is the nursery. It is about 80% done. We still have to sand a dresser and paint it and hang curtains. I have to say how excited my children are and how helpful they have been in getting the nursery done. Logan and Austin put together the first crib and then Logan and Chandler put together the second crib. Kylie, Laurynn and Macie put the crib bedding on both cribs. 
Yesterday, our friends Marianne and Todd came over to help with the nursery. Todd is an excellent artist. He free handed everything he drew on the babies walls. He also put up the chair rail. He even fixed our trim the goes around the cabinets on the floor. He worked from 12:30 until 10:30 p.m. I felt so bad but he was such a great sport. He did a fabulous job and I am 100% happy with the way it turned out. I am so grateful for what he did for us and the time and effort he spent working on everything. So a big THANK YOU to Todd and to his beautiful patient wife who kept me company all day long:) I had a wonderful day with them.
I am 29 weeks today!! I can't believe how fast this is going. I saw my OB last week and the babies are doing fabulous. Our baby girl weighs around 2 lbs and 11 oz and our baby boy weighs around 2 lbs and 8 oz. I have gained a total of 26 pounds. I am feeling pretty good still but I am sure that will change here in a few weeks. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. The picture of me, I am 28 weeks pregnant. Love to hear your comments.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the nursery !! Green is my favorite color !! It is so perfect for a room for a boy and a girl !! And a big shout out to your artist friend, he is quite a talent, does he need more friends !! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy it is breathtaking! Todd did such a good job, his talent is awsome! I want to come see it in person, when are you going to invite me over? Ha Ha just kiddin'.

Grandma Honey said...

Todd did such a good job! I want to come over and take some close ups of his work so I can put them on my blog. The colors of the cribs and the paint along with the rails, looks STUNNING!! I love it all.

Grandmotherfairy said...

It is even more beuatiful in person Amy...you guys have done a wonderful job!!! And you look more beautiful than the nursery...you amaze me!!!

Karen Mortensen said...

Amy, everything looks great. I love the cribs. Hope I will get to see it in person someday. Good luck with everything.

Brittany Woolley said...

Wow, Amy it's beautiful!!! I love your nursery! I told Ryan that as soon as the blackout with wamu/chase is over this summer that we need to make a trip out there to spend time with y'all and meet the twins! He said absolutely! So, I'm looking forward to that! I wish you guys could be there for the wedding, but we will for SURE send you pics! Love you guys! :D

Kris said...

Hey Amy! I hope you don't mind me "peeking" in to your blog today. What a gorgeous nursery you are creating. It just feels so warm and inviting. I love the colors you chose- very calming and sweet. I think I'd dare say that all of those things I just mentioned would also describe yourself as well! I think you're glowing!

Logan and Amy said...

Thanks everyone for your comments!! Thanks Kris for yours! And Brittany, you better come and visit. We would so love it.

Tara Lyn Hiester said...

Oh Amy it is so precious! I love it, the colors and theme are perfect for boy/girl twins, and Todd did a great job. I hope you are as comfortable as possible, take care of your beautiful self!